Friday, January 10, 2014

New Year, New Mama!

Hello Mommy Farley followers!! Its been way too long since I posted something, so I thought I would come back with a bang! I, like everyone, have made a few resolutions this year and I am going to keep them this time. Why is it different this time? Because I have a beautiful baby girl to think about. I don't want to be skinny or a model. That's just not who I am or what I'm meant to be. I just want to be a healthy mom for my baby and for my family. I want to be able to keep up with her and feel good about my self too.
My resolution is simple. "To be a healthier version of myself and to take care of my family". On January 1, I started the Special K Challenge. It said that you are guaranteed to lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I was not doing it to lose the weight, I was doing it to cleanse all the bad foods out of my body that I had been eating. And in 1 week, I lost those 6 pounds and felt amazing. I started drinking more water and just being aware of what is going in my body. Now, if I see a French fry and I want one, heck yes!! I will eat those fries. But I'm not going to eat it 5 times a day, everyday. Its all about balance. If you keep yourself from eating what you enjoy, then your body will react in a bad way. Another good thing is to swap. Swap out 2% milk for skim or get a salad instead of fries. I was using honey in my coffee instead of sugar. Just trying to balance my life is really putting everything in perspective.
Something else I am really focusing on, is making our house, into our 'home'. I am in love with Better Homes and Gardens and Everyday with Rachael Ray. I have recently found out that I want to go to Culinary School one day, so I'm enjoying being 'Susie Homemaker'. I am excited to show you all how I am making a better life style for me and for my family. I hope you all are going to stick around for my posts. So excited for what's to come.









No comments:

Post a Comment