Monday, January 27, 2014

Feel Good Food

Morning friends!! Today I wanted to post and share my amazing new cookbook I just got.. It's Giada de Laurentiis' and its soooo much more then recipes. She wanted to write a book that wasn't only good food for you, but also lifestyle guidelines. It talks about how this is NOT a diet book, but helping you look at yourself and think the best possible things. 


I have also discovered.... SPINACH!!! Its inexpensive, soooo good for you and can be used so many different ways. I found a GREAT smoothie recipe in her book and here it is!! Enjoy..


Strawberry and Spinach Smoothie with Yogurt

1 1/2 cups ice
1/2 cup water (adjust for consistency)
1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 medium apple
8 medium strawberries (I didn't have any, so I used raspberries. You can use whatever berry you want)
1/2 medium ripe banana
1 packed cup baby spinach leaves

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve!

Let me know what you think.. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment